When it comes to the rules of the track, our primary goal at Kartona is to create a safe and secure environment for everyone so that each individual is able to have fun and enjoy their racing experience. Our track rules are heavily enforced and we ask each racer to adhere to them at all times:
- ALL NEW RACERS must participate in a mandatory briefing session on indoor kart racing safety and regulations prior to their participation on the track.
- Every racer must wear closed toe shoes - no sandals allowed.
- Racers with long hair must have it pulled back into a ponytail and tucked inside a head sock.
- The height requirement to race adult karts is 4ft 10in (58”).
- All junior racers must be a MINIMUM of 4ft (48”) tall to race.
- No mixed junior and adult races are permitted.
- Racers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (waiver signed by parent or legal guardian).
- All racers must sign a release and waiver of liability form.
- Indoor kart racing at Kartona is a NON-CONTACT SPORT. We DO NOT tolerate any bumping or blocking of go karts. If you are unable to pass a kart on the track, there is no excuse for contact.
- We have a strict, zero-tolerance policy regarding alcohol and/or drug use. Anyone who appears to be under the influence will NOT be permitted to race or enter the facility.
- Kart racing poses special risks to those who suffer from neck or back problems, heart conditions, women who are pregnant, and anyone who should not be in a stressful or physically demanding environment. If you fall under any of these categories, you should not race. If you have any doubt, please consult with your doctor prior to racing.
- If you get a Black Flag at ANY POINT during your race, you will be removed from the race and forfeit any future races you may have already paid for. No refunds will be given for Black Flag infringements. You will be given two warnings about reckless driving. Your first warning is given during the initial safety briefing, and the second will be issued on your first offense. Any following offense will result in a Black Flag.
- While you are welcome to bring your own gear and/or equipment, Kartona will provide you with all the necessary race gear you need.
- Please keep in mind that our indoor karting facility is a real racing environment and not an amusement ride. Accidents can happen if you do not follow the rules and pay attention to flags.